Your gastroenterology patients may benefit from Amedisys home healthcare if they:
- Need education on ostomy or feeding tubes.
- Are at risk for hospitalization due to comorbid conditions or environmental factors.
- Have wounds or drains that require additional care, assessment and instruction.
- Have difficulty walking to the bathroom, need assistance with toileting/hygiene and would benefit from adaptive equipment or techniques.
- Have caregivers who have significant challenges managing the care of their loved one at home.
- Could benefit from an action plan to help manage exacerbations before they become severe.
- Are habitual callers to your office with questions about their condition, medication or symptoms and could benefit from a skilled nurse for education on medication administration and assess effectiveness to keep symptoms under control.
- Could benefit from education on a bowel program.
Our highly-skilled nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and social workers will work closely with you and your staff to develop a plan of care focused on meeting your patient's medical, social and rehabilitation needs.